There are a few things you need to remember when burning soy wax candles, not just for safety but to get the best life from your candle.
- Prior to your first burn, always make sure your wick is trimmed to 1/4 inch prior to burning.
- - Wood Wicks - Our wood wicks are diagonally cut for show. Please trim these prior to burning. A good set of nail trimmers are usually best
- - Cotton Wicks - always trim your cotton wicks for an even burn and steady flame which also limits mushrooming of the wick
- - We also strongly advise buying and using a good pair of propper wick trimmers. This will ensure the wick is cut correctly without breakage or damaging of the soy or vessel
- For your first burn, always burn for at least 3 hours or until the melt pool hits the very edge of your vessel
Always trim your wick prior to every new burn to 1/4 inch
NEVER leave your candle burning unattended
NEVER leave your candle burning near anything flammable like curtains or bedding
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Keep away from drafts or fans as this can cause flickering flames or your candle to extinguish and can create an uneven burn
NEVER burn your candle for longer than 3-4 hours
- Where possible use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle to prevent spray of hot wax
- If your candle flickers or is smoking and sooty, extinguish your candle, let it cool, clean soot from the vessel and trim the wick
NEVER let the candle burn down further than 1/2 inch of wax. Burning your candle right down to the very bottom of your glass vessel can cause the vessel to get very hot and in some cases can explode. It is also easier to remove the wax and wick for cleaning.
- Hand wash your vessel with hot soapy water
Wooden/ Timber Wicks
Please note all timber and wooden wicks discolour the soy wax, this is normal. If you wish to have a clean white wax then you are better off with a cotton wick. Please contact me if you would rather a cotton wick in any of my vessels that hold the wooden wicks as I am happy to do a custom vessel for you.
Molded Candles and Pillar Candles
We do consider all our molded and pillar candles to be decoration pieces. If you wish to burn any of these candles then you MUST place the candle on a non-flammable dish prior to burning to stop from the wax melting onto your furniture or floors. We do NOT take any responsibility for the misuse of these candles.